Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 17 -- AP Calculus


It's finally over. Took long enough, in my opinion. This class has been challenging, from integration to derivatives to tangents and other crud. We took the test today, which cost about $44, and it took from 7:30 to 12:15. Wasn't in the least bit fun, except for the breaks and the camaraderie between me and my fellow Calc-Mates. The end of all of it sucked, but that's a different story. I'm thinking about making a t-shirt with a couple of the memories on it. Like "+C", and "It's beyond the scope of the text." The class was interesting, to say the least. And now all the worry is going to dissolve into watching movies for the last 11 days of class.

Worked on "A Small Touch" last night. Which was great. I realized that I really do have difficulty writing anything except action scenes and dialogue. I have no trouble with those. But when I'm trying to describe how the cold is affecting my main character so much... I fail. But I'm still trying. I have one and a half pages done. It should be about 4, just like "A Gray Eye." Speaking of that one, I need to start typing it.

Got my Literary Maneuver for WF done a couple days ago. It ended up being 580 words instead of the 500 it was supposed to be, but I have no motivation to edit it. Heck, I don't like editing anything. My English teacher gave me a crit for "The Bloodlord," but I haven't done anything more than just look at it. I've got a problem with this senioritis.

A so-called friend of mine has pretty much crapped out on me, though I meant for it to happen. He's acting extremely immature, which gives me a reason to dislike the fellow. He needs to grow up. Hopefully sooner or later. I came to the realization today that the people in high school will judge you mercilessly just so they appear more popular. Once a person is out of that zone that they were in for 13 years, they really find out that people don't know what you did to so-and-so and etcetera. You have a clean slate. And when they found out you're a nice guy... feel's good. No more senseless popularity-searching. So in 11 more days... no more of this. I start anew. All my friends are in my writing groups, or people I rarely see. And I'm okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment