Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day 32 -- Last Day


Today is the last day of my high school career. After 13 long grueling years, it's finally over. In a matter of 3 days, I will be living on my own and going to summer classes. Even though I've been counting down the remaining days since there was roughly 110 left, it still seems as though this all suddenly leapt in my face.

SURPRISE! You're graduating this Sunday!

I'm like, holy crap! It definitely wasn't supposed to happen this fast. Yesterday I was dating my first girlfriend, and a week ago I was watching Gumbi on the TV with my mom. Now tomorrow I'll be graduating from college, and a week from now I'll probably be married and perhaps even with a kid. I ask myself, am I ready?

I think I am. Heck, I hope I am.

Anyway. Just felt like venting for a little while. I won't be able to throw a post on here until the 27th or so. I won't have any internet access until then. Let's try this graduated mentality on for size, shall we?

2 comments:

  1. Hey, congratulations! I remember how when I was in high school, it felt like it was taking forever, but now, even as I'm typing this, I'm thinking 'Holy crap, it's been five years already!'

    I've gotta say though, while I didn't particularly dislike high school, I have no wish to go back.

    Good luck with all the changes though! Living sans parents is a pleasure all it's own. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already five years, huh... wow.

    Thanks for the congratulations and the good luck! I'll need it. :D

    ReplyDelete