Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Day 23 -- A Novel Idea



So I'm sitting here, thinking about my future writing career. Beings that I'm going to go into college to pursue a degree in English or whatever, I should probably think about what this will entail. I want to be able to publish my works for cash. Who wouldn't? I think I have the skills necessary to do this. I even have the motivation.

I have written a total of six works so far. I know, I know, this may not be much to those out there with fifty or sixty things done. But to me, it's a lot... because until August of last year, I had never finished anything. Nothing good at least. And I've been trying to write for six years now. Not a good ratio. But now I'm taking this seriously.

I have to look forward. I can't sit here for the rest of my life writing short stories and hoping to make minimum wage. That's not very likely. So I have to take all my writing prowess and dedicate it to a novel. But what idea? I have been told that "The Bloodlord" would make a great novel, and after giving it some thought I agree. The Blood Oath could create an underworld of magic, a dark fantasy of the likes that I am dreaming of. And the assassin idea? Great! I want to write a novel about that so much. Another idea would be a sort of expanding of "The Gray Eye." A sort of zombie apocalypse run by distinct clans of women that is challenged by holy powers. There would be a neutral group of plain wizards. Dark VS light, where dark is the main character's POV.

I'll have to figure it out. Anyone have any ideas?

I apologize, btw... the link from before didn't work. I posted it in the Writer's Workshop, so I can't link it for non-members (Thanks, Tiamat). I'll try to get some of it for the general population later.

No comments:

Post a Comment